What is microencapsulation?
Microencapsulation is a method for surrounding rigid materials and liquids in a covering.
The objective of microencapsulation
- To provide protection from chemical reactions, for instance, oxygen, light, humidity
- To fix lightly volatile materials
- To achieve optical effects (colour, pearl sheen)
- Depot effect, targeted discharge of active ingredients (controlled or timed release)
- To convert liquids in rigid materials
- To mask tastes or smells
- To abate the danger of poisoning from substances
- To keep incompatible substances separate from one another
- To make medicines resistant to gastric juices
- To improve the free flow of powders
- To reduce allergies
- To reduce dust and electrostatic charges